Premium Deproteinized Whey (PDPW)
Davisco's Premium Deproteinized Whey (PDPW) is a light colored free-flowing powder. It is manufactured from fresh sweet whey under controlled processing conditions. PDPW is manufactured in the U.S. at our state-of-the-art whey processing facility in Jerome, Idaho which enables the production of consistent, high quality ingredients.
PDPW contributes functionality similar to sweet dairy whey (SDW) in a variety of applications. Functional properties include solubility, flavor and aroma enhancement, browning, and tenderizing.
|Analysis 1||SDW 2||PDPW 2||Whey Permeate 3|
|Moisture (%)||4.3 - 4.9||4.5 - 4.9||3 - 4.5|
|Total Protein (%)||11.3 - 13.3||5 - 7||2 - 7|
|Fat (%)||0.6 - 1.4||0.6 - 1.2||0 - 1|
|Ash (%)||7.7 - 9.3||8.8 - 10.8||8 - 11|
|Lactose (%)||70.7 - 73.7||78.5 - 81.5||76 - 85|
|pH||5.9 - 6.3||6.0 - 6.4||5.5 - 6.6|
1 Reported on "as is" basis
2 Davisco Foods International, Inc.
3 American Dairy Products Institute
Highly versatile, PDPW improves flavor, color, and texture while adding mouthfeel and dairy solids. Depending on the application, replacement of SDW with PDPW can be made on a one-to-one basis. PDPW is soluble, free-flowing and incorporates easily into food and beverage applications.
- Baked Goods
- Cookies, cakes, crackers, pancakes and waffles, muffins, breads, fillings, icings and frostings. Typical use levels are 1 - 5%.
- Hot chocolate mix, chocolate drink mix and UHT milk formulas. Usage levels of 1 - 20% are typical, depending on the application.
- Dairy Applications
- Ice cream, soft serve mixes and processed cheese. Use levels of 2 - 3% are recommended for ice cream and soft serve mixes and 3 - 8% for processed cheese.
- Caramels, compound coatings and dulce de leche. Typical use levels are 1 - 4% in caramels, 3 - 7% in coatings and 1 - 25% of the milk solids in dulce de leche.
- Prepared Foods
- Soups, gravies and sauces. Usage levels of 1 - 5% are recommended.
- Dry Mixes
- Macaroni and cheese dry sauce mix, chip seasonings and salad dressing mixes. Depending on the application, usage levels can range up to 65%.